When you're working out and adventuring outdoors in the colder months of the year, it's important to fuel right by eating enough calories and nutrients to stave off the cold and prevent injury. After all, you can't make it up and down those trails unless you give yourself the energy required.
This winter we're taking our exercise routine outside and using the parks and green spaces around us to move our bodies and stay healthy through TrailFit sessions. To keep us strong, we're working with awesome vegan chef Melina from AllAboutThatFood to create a series of healthy recipes.
This tasty smoothie is full of healthy antioxidants, vitamins and good sugars to power your body, as well an all-natural way to hydrate, reduce sodium, and add potassium to your diet. Check out the video and recipe below to make it yourself...
Tropical Berry Smoothie Recipe
Makes 1 large smoothie
1 cup of diced pineapple
1/2 cup of raspberries
1 cup of coconut water
A dash of vanilla powder
1 tbsp of maple syrup
- Put the raspberries into the freezer until completely frozen
- Cut the pineapple into little pieces and place in a blender
- Add the frozen raspberries to the blender
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the fruit in the blender
- Blend for about 3 minutes until smooth
- Pour into a large glass and enjoy!
Want to join us on a TrailFit adventure this Autumn? Find out how, here.