TrailFit Recipes To Fuel Your Adventures | Buckwheat Tabouleh with Roasted Aubergine and Tahini Sauce
Think that vegan food is just for summer? This hearty and warming recipe will make you change your mind...
While many of us go for plant based meals and healthy grains and salads during the summer months, when the nights get darker and the days get colder, its easy to be tricked into thinking you have to start eating stodgy, meaty foots to keep energised and warm. In reality however, there are many plant based meals that are both hearty and warming, while still being good for your heart and your health.
This winter we’re taking our exercise routine outside and using the parks and green spaces around us to move our bodies and stay healthy through TrailFit. To keep us strong, we’re working with awesome vegan chef Melina from AllAboutThatFood to create a series of healthy recipes.
This recipe for buckwheat tabouleh with roasted aubergine and tahini sauce is our go to meal for when we want to fuel our bodies for a workout, while feeling eating comforting and cosy ingredients on an autumn night. The tahini sauce goes amazingly with the sweet pomegranate and the smell of garlic with the roasted aubergine will make really incredible. Make it this weekend and you'll see what we mean!
Buckwheat Tabouleh with Roasted Aubergine and Tahini Sauce
• 150g cherry tomatoes
• 50g Parsley
• 1 Lemon
• 1 tbsp of olive oil
• 2 spring onions
• 1/2 Aubergine
• 1 tbsp of tahini
• 1 clove garlic
• 4 tbsp Pomegranate seeds
- Preheat the oven to 200°C
- Slice the aubergine in half and cut a diamond grid into the flesh using your knife. Brush with a little olive oil and place in the oven for about 20 min.
- Next rinse the buckwheat and place in a saucepan with 250 ml of salted water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 mins
- While the aubergine and the buckwheat are cooking. Chop up the tomatoes, parsley and spring onions into little pieces and set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the tahini with about 1tbsp of lemon juice, some salt, the garlic and some water until a sauce forms.
- Once the buckwheat has cooked, mix with the remaining lemon juice, oil, parsley, spring onions and tomatoes.
- Place in a bowl together with the aubergine and drizzle the tahini sauce on top. Finally garnish with the pomegranate seeds and serve.