Polartec NeoShell has long been regarded as one of the best performing waterproof fabrics out there, offering an excellent balance of wet weather protection, breathability and durability. In this video, Will goes into the science behind the fabric and explains why he’s long been a fan of it.
Polartec NeoShell Key Facts
- Common outdoor industry estimates put its breathability at around the 30.000g/m2/24h mark.
- It has a hydrostatic head of around 10,000mm.
- NeoShell is made in a completely different manner to fabrics like eVent or Gore-Tex and from a polyurethane rather than PTFE.
- It’s made through a process called electrospinning, where a plastic is a dissolved in a solvent and then sprayed onto a sheet until a film builds up
- Its fabric can be easily laminated to soft, stretchy and ‘quiet’ fabrics.
Products We’ve Reviewed That Use NeoShell:
Subscribe to Will’s World on Youtube to get a notification every time a new video drops.