Five most common mistakes made with outdoor stoves
Swedish stove manufacturer Primus has commissioned a study by Strong Roots Training into the most common mistakes made when using an outdoor stove.
Learn how to avoid making mistakes with your outdoor stove at the Primus Stove Demos that will take place at the Telegraph Outdoor and Adventure Travel show on the Primus stand on the 12th – 15th February.
Strong Roots Training asked 1000 outdoor enthusiasts and instructors what were the most common mistakes they had come across when using an outdoor stove. They are listed below:
1. Not allowing a stove to cool after use, or forgetting it’s hot before picking it up.
2. Using the wrong fuel or not checking the gas bottle fits before use.
3. Setting up to cook on an uneven surface.
4. Putting pan onto boil whilst setting up camp and forgetting about it, allowing it to boil dry and damaging the pots.
5. Refilling a meth’s stove prior to it being extinguished. Fire!
For more about Primus or any of its products visit www.primus.eu.